Monday, August 5, 2013

My weekend (mostly in food)

My mom came to visit this weekend and we had a lovely time. In fact there were so many adventures I often found myself forgetting to take pictures because I was enjoying myself so much.
We managed to score two free quarts of paint, a free cab ride and some free photobooth pictures, plus we ate a ton of delicious food. Here's a few of the snaps I managed to take when I remembered that I carry a camera with me on my phone!!



I made a batch of blueberry corn muffins Friday night so we had a handy snack for the weekend. Saturday we got brunch at Radish which I am obsessed with and it was so good (Dixon scramble with pulled pork and caramel french toast).
We also checked out the flower market (I'm in the market for some greenery to liven up my apartment so it was good to do some research and it's such a riot of color there!)












We got pedicures (moms toes matched my shoes the next day)

We saw the new lights on the bridge. I thought it looked like dewdrops on a spiderweb. It was mesmerizing.
We went to the retro soda fountain in my neighborhood where I got a basil ice cream and grapefruit soda float that was so green and bright and refreshing tasting that I just couldn't get enough of it! Will be trying to make basil ice cream soon.
And yesterday we spent the whole morning at the Alameda Point Flea Market. I haven't been in a while but it was amazing inspiration. So many rows of treasure and so wonderful to dream about all the possibilities.
Like vintage movie theater seats....
Or this carnival wonder woman piece (the woman who bought it told me she got it for a mere $24 and I wept a little bit thinking that I had missed out on something so amazing.)

Overall we had a wonderful time and I will be looking forward to our next adventure filled visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment