Monday, August 19, 2013

August cure: delays a pretty darn good excuse

And once again it's a quick catch-all catch-up on my August Cure progress.
Unfortunately I seem to have caught something awful at the music festival last weekend and found myself completely incapacitated for the last week and ordered to my bed (though I began going stir crazy pretty fast and didn't really follow that rule ----whoops!) so my progress has been a bit stinted.
For instance, I was supposed to paint my living room this weekend, but while I had all supplies and the best intentions, there was no way that was going to happen. (cue reschedule)
I did try to make the most of the small pockets of productivity that swelled up in between bouts of being unable to get out of bed. I made some lists, and got a few smaller things done. I constructed and painted a more substantial looking base for my theater chairs.



I also painted the wire lampshades and side table I got at the flea market. There was a lot of sanding, which was messy but really really easy so I could do it while on the couch in my pajamas drinking tea (essential) and then sunday morning I went up to the roof for some air and laid out a little spray painting station complete with protective tarps and newspaper. I was able to take advantage of a (crazily) sunny and no wind morning to spray the lampshades, and use the drying time to get some fresh air and read.







































There was even some shopping (virtual-not allowed to leave the house) where in I sourced and purchased materials to make the hanging light fixtures for either side of the couch. Those will me here shortly and hopefully I'll be able to figure out assembling those (fingers crossed).
Of course, being a week behind on painting, my whole timeline is now totally out of whack and not sure what I can do about that but keep plowing through. The to-do list looks super nuts and I'm just going to keep plugging away at it. Luckily my energy and strength are returning a lot quicker than normal per my reading, and therefore I am able to be more and more productive. Hopefully I can keep checking things off the list until it's all done!
Also helpful, conscripting friend help in the wall painting area.......





No comments:

Post a Comment