Monday, February 2, 2015

weekly art project: muni people

I really wanted to do some sort of small scale, regular art project this year. I have been keeping a growing note in my phone with descriptions of people I see on the train and bus on my daily commute, and so inspired by that, I decided to do a weekly project, where I take one of those descriptions and illustrate it each week. I'm using 3 by 5 index cards, ink and one color in watercolor for each character and I have been posting them to Instagram some time each Sunday. Now that I have been keeping this up for a whole month I feel like I can share them here.



I'm not sure what I will do with this series at the end of the year (fingers crossed I keep it up for the whole 52 weeks) but I have eleven more months to come up with ideas. In the meantime, I'm enjoying having one more excuse to aggressively people watch each day, and I look forward to whatever characters I manage to observe in the wild next.



No comments:

Post a Comment