Monday, May 25, 2015

A May celebration

I was thinking about celebrations and congratulations so for this months party I thought I would do something that could possibly work for a graduation, but still was flexible enough to work for some other event. 
I started with the pink and red crepe paper backdrop which I cut with fringe scissors and taped to the wall. I cut the letters out of card stock and hung them with thread on top.
The place settings were a mix of some basic white dinner plates and these scallop edged floral bowls my mother found for me at a thrift store, a mix of glasses and gold flatware. I made the place cards by  wrapping wire around a herd of black and white animals I had from another project, and cutting down some card stock into triangles.

I covered the table with a roll of brown butcher paper and then topped it off with an odd piece of black and white patterned fabric I had in my stash. Down the middle of the table I lined up some tall brass candlesticks I found at Goodwill, along with some shorter votives from a yard sale.
Since I used mostly things that I already had again the budget was pretty reasonable but here's how it shook out.

candlesticks...............................................2.50 each
favor boxes...............................................3.00
total..........................................................13.00

And I'll be back with some details about the favors (not shown here) and the name tags next.









No comments:

Post a Comment