Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Best tacos ever?

This weekend I made the best tacos I'd ever had. Or at least it felt that way when I was eating them. I was reminded while walking home of a summery salad my mom had made the previous year so I swung by the grocery store to pick up ingredients and then I saw some really nice corn tortillas and I thought, why not make this into tacos and I couldn't come up with a good reason not to. The salad was a mix of black beans, corn, avocado and sweet potato with cilantro and a dressing made of thai sweet chili sauce and lime juice. I was able to make an big batch Friday night, have a glorious dinner, and then eat the leftovers throughout the weekend and it tasted fresh and delicious the whole time. I think this would also be super tasty with some lime chicken or pulled pork but the flavors together really are so good there's no need to add meat. And I figure if it's so good I eat it three days in a row, well that's something special.


No comments:

Post a Comment