Monday, October 7, 2013

a wonderful weekend

This weekend was gorgeous. It was more summery than any of the actual summer days this year, and I tried to spend a lot of time on my room just reading and soaking up the sun when I wasn't busy with other things.
I did a fair amount of baking in between chunks of working at my desk (with the windows open trying not to get distracted by the sun and the people and music outside). There is a fresh batch of Popsicles in the freezer (pina colada) and a pile of peanut butter brownie bites on the counter.
I also got a (too quick) visit from my parents, who brought with them all the vintage baking stuff I had in storage, along with my glass nesting mixing bowls, my waffle iron and this fantastic plant stand complete with new plant babies that I will (fingers crossed) be able to keep alive. I might be painting to stand a lighter color to go with the yellow kitchen but it is nice to have more plants in the house. They always make things seem more alive!

No comments:

Post a Comment