Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Typewriter Makeover

My trend of painting things into more cheerful colors continues unabated!
I've had this old typewriter for years. I think I got it from the Oakland City Collage flea market in my first year of college. I remember dragging it home in it's suitcase box many blocks on foot and then thanking my lucky stars that I was able to make it work when I finally got it back to my dorm room. A lot old typewriters don't have modern ribbon available that fits them so they are just (awesome looking) decorative. This guy, a Smith-Corona Tabulator, actually works, and other than a slightly wonky "k" it is pretty perfect. Except that it looks real bland in it's gray/brown original state. So I decided to change that.









































It was very tedious to paint around all the little corners and in between the keys. I had to tape it up real good to avoid getting primer or paint on any of the working parts but it was totally worth it in the end! I'm not sure I've seen anything more cheerful. Who needs a computer anyway, right?!




























No comments:

Post a Comment