Monday, April 22, 2013

At my desk

I had seen something (maybe on Pinterest) about making gold nugget post earrings out of modeling clay and I of course cannot find the original image that was stuck in my head, but it did get me thinking that I could probably make them with a hole through so that they could  be strung like beads. I made about a dozen in a variety of sizes and painted them all with gold acrylic paint. It took forever to paint all the little sides with multiple coats so they would be more convincingly solid gold.
I strung the beads on silk beading thread with some gold tone seed beads for dividers and then used some chain I already had on hand to make up the rest of the necklace length. I wouldn't say these would fool anyone as real gold but they are pretty fun none the less.




1 comment: