Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Turntable Makover

I've had this record player for years now, and while it is awesome at doing it's job (playing records from my all-over-the-place collection) it makes me sad that it looks so dreary. So I decided to change that. My favorite hardware store will mix paint in very small batches making it more affordable to do these smaller projects, so I picked my favorite minty turquoise, which always looks so fabulously retro, and got to work.
































I'm not going to lie, it was a hassle to take of all the hardware on this beast as I don't think it was ever intended to be disassembled  and some of it I wasn't able to remove so I had to paint around it. But after many careful coats I was left with a result that was well worth the effort. I will now be proud to whip this beauty out for spontaneous dance parties (which in case you didn't know, are always better with records!)


1 comment: