Wednesday, March 6, 2013

New Project-Home Bar


At the end of last year I made a decision that 2013 was the year I was going to get my home bar together. It's something I've been saying I wanted in my house for years but I never got around to it, however, having made this proclamation I figured I'd better just get down to it. So over the course of several trips to numerous thrift stores I collected miss-matched glasses and washed them pretty thoroughly to wash away all the grime.







The next step was configuring some kind of bar cart. Not wanting to spend any money if I could rig something workable with a piece I already had I roped my handy father into helping me turn a old office cart from college into something that would work for me. We removed the wheels and all multicolored plastic drawers and then he cut some wood down to fit into the existing drawer runners to serve as shelves. It was actually really easy and I think I've found a little corner in the apartment where it will fit perfectly.


Next step, getting some liquor to put in the glasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment