Wednesday, March 18, 2015

oversized card

I've been making some extra large cards recently. There's just something super fun about unexpectedly over or undersized things and especially when it's for someone who I cannot celebrate in person, I thought it would be fun to send a card that really feels like a big festive party!
This one was made with a recycled old lino embossed print for the outside (I like the all white texture) and I had to come up with a bit of a closure because it's so thick inside it liked to pop open and I didn't want to ruin the surprise within. I used mini paper fasteners and ribbon.
The inside is just layers of crepe paper fringe and a little hand lettered quote. Pretty simple to make and actually very quick for how fun I think it looks, but has a lot of impact. I of course have had to make custom giant envelopes for each card. I can't get enough of this and might just have to make it a thing I do for a while. I'm thinking how fun it would be to leave one on a desk or doorstep, maybe attached to a balloon? So many ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment