Wednesday, January 14, 2015

spice shelf

So I had this leftover shelf above the stove from when I moved all my dishes over to the other side of the kitchen and I sort of didn't know what to do with it. Should it have past and olive oil and that sort of stuff? should it have dishes? Should I just take it down. Then during my wild fit of cleaning after new years (hey it happens) I realized that it would be awesome to have spices up there so I didn't have to rummage around in a drawer for them every day. This of course prompted me to clean and organize my spices and add new labels and even build a little riser for the shelf so that I could have two rows of jars visible while I'm cooking. So far I've been using this system for two weeks and it's worked great, I've even been more bold with my spice choices (maybe it's encouragement from the big 'yes' sign) though I've still got a few jars that need to be filled so, any suggestions?



No comments:

Post a Comment