Thursday, January 29, 2015

painting large

I really miss school, particularly, getting assignments. Therefore when someone comes to me and wants something special, it's like being right back in the classroom and I love every bit of it. I recently had the opportunity to paint a large piece for someone, they wanted big (it was five feet wide!) and 'maybe nature-y' so I picked up some paint ( and some larger brushes!) and paced a bit in front of the blank canvas's and finally just started painting. And this is what I ended up with.
I actually made a little gif of the whole process because I made a point of taking pictures of each step because it was interesting how much things changed or didn't change so I will see if I can get that up here as well. Overall it was a wonderful experience. I've been working with tiny pens and tiny brushes exclusively for a while and it was wonderful to just get really messy and throw some paint around and make big expressive shapes. I even got to wear my coveralls (because I am not even remotely tidy when I paint) which is always a fun time. I was particularly into the edges (it's always fun to have an image wrap around). Anyway, before the painting took off to it's new home I removed it from the plastic drop cloth covered work space and took a few pictures. Very satisfying, if a little sad to see it go. Now I just need to come up with more reasons to paint this big!







No comments:

Post a Comment