Wednesday, June 26, 2013


I've been meaning to use pom pom trim for a while, for something. It's just so much fun. Then I saw these Serena and Lily curtains and realized they would be really easy to replicate myself. I was able to get a spectacular deal on the trim because it was (inexplicably) in 4 foot lengths. Which is a little odd but it got it down to about 60 cents a yard so I'm not complaining.

My curtain panels were from Ikea and I just hemmed them to length. A small note on sewing pom pom trim while I've got you here, it's a delicate balance. I obviously didn't want to sew six curtain's worth of trim by hand but making sure the foot doesn't get stuck when passing each pom pom is a bit of a challenge. I used one hand to nudge each pom pom out of the way as I passed them and as there were 2 ever inch or so this got to be a bit boring. Luckily the final product was worth it. It's just the right amount of color and silliness.

No comments:

Post a Comment