Monday, September 14, 2015

September birthday party

September's party was super easy, as I actually threw my own birthday party this year I had all sorts of things on hand. I did a park picnic which was lovely but I wanted to see how the same elements would function at a more simple dinner party so I threw together this pretty table.
The background was a mixture of tassel garlands and some gold Mylar number balloons. Both are hung on the wall with washi tape and made things feel instantly festive. 

For the table I started with a white + print table cloth, and layered some light blue woven napkins at each place as a place mat of sorts. I used the same white plates and gold flatware seem to be my standard go to, but I layered the dark blue floral napkins and cutlery on the plate with a different patterned bow tie at each place. I also used a gold rimmed wine glass and a shorter water glass, and place cards I made out of leftover invitations, with a felt flower clipped to each. 

As the cake topper I used the original drawing for my invitations, which I redid the color to, and I made a new cake stand by layering a white plate on an overturned blue bowl.

Cost breakdown was as follows:
balloons.....................................................................$8.00
pin backs...................................................................$4.00
hair clips...................................................................$3.00
total..........................................................................$15.00
This table was super fun and easy to put together, and it was a nice challenge to try to use the parts from my picnic in a different setting and see them still look nice. Also I very much enjoy doing party favors that can actually be worn at the party, it's such a nice extra touch.





No comments:

Post a Comment