Monday, September 7, 2015

more kitchen painting

I sort of feel like, if everything is cleared out for one painting project in a space, you may as well do a bunch more. So while I was painting the kitchen cabinets, I also  changed to color on the wall. I love the idea of a yellow kitchen in theory, and it was fun for a bit, but in practice, in this space, with they type of light the room got, it made everything look a bit dingy. So it seemed like a good time to try something new.  I have been pinning rooms painted with Benjamin Moore's deep space for what seems like years, it's a rich velvety looking dark gray, and it seemed like the perfect time to try it out. I was thinking that with the bright white on the cabinets, the contrast would make everything seem brighter and cleaner.




It was totally crazy looking at first, and drastic, but it looks wonderful now that it's finished. Definitely a transformative color. I enjoy the jewel box effect it provides for all of my bright dishes, my roommate likes it much better, and I think that it will go very well with the new floor. Very happy with this most recent finished part of the room.


No comments:

Post a Comment