Wednesday, October 22, 2014

the library

I completely forgot, in the flurry of projects for the holidays and end of year and all, that I had totally not photographed my hallway with it's new changes so I seek to remedy that now. Last month when I moved around the living room I was left with some displaced furniture, namely the big corner bookshelf, and of course all of the books. So I decided to turn the hallway into a room of sorts (it's certainly big enough) and now I call it the library. Of course this is mostly all decorative, and while I always sit in the theater chairs to put on my shoes I'm more likely to take a book to the window seat to flip though it, but still, I like this version of the space. It certainly helps it feel less empty.

I added the quiver and arrows to the wall on the other side of the niche. My uncle made the quiver and I used to shoot at hay bales in the back yard when I was younger, though I never quite got the hang of it. Still it is pretty cool looking and I like seeing it every day when I come home. 



And that's my little update. Really not even worth a post of it's own as it was just a furniture relocation and hanging some stuff up on the wall, but it gives me that nice little new space feeling for the fantastic cost of nothing, so it's my favorite kind of update!


No comments:

Post a Comment