Wednesday, September 3, 2014

party dresses

I always loved 50's prom dresses. the ruffles and all that tulle. But whenever I found them in vintage shops they were usually teeny tiny and or expensive and or falling apart. And I wanted to wear them. So that wouldn't really work for me. Then one day I decided to jump in and get the amazing hot pink three-D floral fabric I had been coveting at Fabric outlet for going on a year, and just make one myself.
And it was tedious, and involved an insane amount of pins and a total of three zipper installations and so many spools of thread. But in the end I was left with a pretty satisfactory garment (I even made it as separates so that it would be more versatile, though honestly who am I kidding, how wearable is a skirt that looks like a cupcake...don't answer that) that fit and was so SO pink!

Of course I'm not sure I'll get a ton of wear out of it, but regardless, it's a very fun thing to have and I look forward to my next opportunity to whip it out (also it's an excellent twirl-er!)


No comments:

Post a Comment