Wednesday, June 25, 2014

my dream fabric

Have you ever had something you are obsessed with but you just can't justify getting it? I've felt that way about some really fancy fabric. I've coveted it for about a year at my favorite local fabric store. It's on the 'lace' table but obviously isn't lace. I guess the best way to describe it is netting with applique silk flowers. And it's hot pink. So the other day when the had a 50% off one cut of fabric no exception sale, I scooted down there on my lunch break to snatch this up.
I do actually plan of sewing with it, there's some bits on the dress form that are beginning to take shape but I had laid it out on my bed so it all the petals wouldn't get crushed and I thought, it looks so beautiful, why let it sit unadmired in my fabric drawer until it's time to sew it up?? Why not hang it on the wall, and perhaps stroke it when I walk by?!


So that's exactly what I've done.
Side note, it also looked like a really fluffy bunch of flowers when it was stuffed into my bag coming home.

No comments:

Post a Comment