Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Let there be light

In the course of spring cleaning my apartment I decided to rearrange my bedroom. The result, while I much better, left me with a lighting problem. There was no space for any sort of nightstand or table on one side of the bed and I am very particular about having lights on both sides. Luckily with the help of my very handy father I came and some vague idea of a wall mounted light, I was able to construct a solution.
There were some old Buddleia branches in my parents back yard which were cut down to size, I was looking for straight stretches with interestingly shaped offshoots for the bulb to hang from. We drilled holes for screws and painted the sockets white to blend in with the cord. I originally used round vanity bulbs but I eventually changed my mind and went with these vintage style ones. I figured as the bulbs were fully exposed their appearance should be considered as part of the fixture.

No comments:

Post a Comment