Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Fresh fan

I just wasn't going to get anything together in time for Monday after the craziness that is Bay to Breakers this weekend, but I do have this little paint project to share today. As Friday's photo hinted at, I broke out the spray paint, yet again, for another project. It's such an easy fix that I fear I've become pretty reliant on. But it's just so easy to make something look new, and often more 'me' by changing the color.
It was very hot most of last week which meant it was time to pull out my fan. This tiny piece is actually very strong and it's nice it's so compact but I always cringed at the look of it. I am not a black appliance person, and I didn't like that the logo was front and center either.
So I took a look at my spray paint collection and decided to try out this very retro minty green. It was fairly simple to take the fan apart. There were a few tense moments when I wasn't sure if I'd be able to unscrew the fan blades but I eventually figured it out. Then I taped off the cord and the motor mechanism and went to town. I had to get a bit strategic to get all the angles but after a bit I had gotten three good coats on.

Then it was just a matter of letting it dry thoroughly and reassembling. It's a small thing, and it certainly does nothing to improve the functionality of this fan but it makes me happy to have been able to turn something of an eyesore into a cute little accessory which also does wonders in cooling down the tropical hothouse that my studio becomes in the mid afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment