Wednesday, February 27, 2013

What a dish

I've wanted to have patterned dishes, I don't know for how long I guess. Definitely for a long long time.  And I've seen a lot of tutorials for doing them. I've pinned a great many. I've seen both the sharpie method, which I tried and found very unreliable, and the expensive but effective porcelain pens.
Taking into consideration that I wanted to use these dishes regularly and for who knows how long I figured I should use the more reliable version. 
I spent a while doodling patterns and sourcing dishes. I figured I'd need a style that didn't have a lot of ridges and designs on it because those would interfere with whatever patterns I drew. I shopped around, and ended up with this set from Ikea. It is actually perfectly smooth which is perfect for drawing on and at eighteen bucks for six place settings I wasn't able to beat the deal anywhere else. 
These were the first six patterns I came up with. I love how well they mix and match and can't wait to set a table with my new dishes and some colored accessories mixed in. I have a feeling this is the beginning of a larger set because now I can't stop thinking of patterns!


No comments:

Post a Comment