Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentines Day

I read somewhere that if you are happy with your first post then you waited too long, so I guess I am starting this here blog.  And what better than a holiday to get things going?
I wouldn't say that Valentines day is my favorite holiday (I mean, there's no costumes, so...) but I am a fan of the color scheme and I think it's great to celebrate love so let's have at it. 
I found inspiration at the dollar store, when I saw bags of these heart skewers. I have no idea the original purpose of these but there were some in flocked velvet and some in glitter so I knew I would be able to come up with something interesting. Nine for $1 so I grabbed several bags.


I came up with this arrow design when I realized that the hearts were shaped similarly to arrow flocking, and that I could use supplies I already had to make a fun and interesting shaped Valentine. After typing some fun little messages on pink paper and sewing gold origami paper to make the arrowheads it was very simple to assemble.

No comments:

Post a Comment