Monday, April 20, 2015

April showers party

Somehow this month seems to be getting away from me. I swear it was just the first day of spring, just March, just beginning of the year and yet now it's almost the end of April???!? How this happened continues to baffle me. But regardless, I was due for another little party setup.
This month I decided to take inspiration from the classic phrase "April showers bring May flowers" and do a really straightforward 'shower' theme. Could by baby, could be wedding, could just be some sort of rain dance for California. 
The table was set with pretty basic dishes, I didn't want to get too busy since the fabric (which I just happened to have in my stash from an old fabric) was just so perfect and the little storm cloud I set up on the wall was a lot as well. I used white dishes and some blue rimmed salad plates, added in some copper mugs with cute stripey straws to break up all the white and then added some various sized pom poms to the middle of the table to add some interest. 

I was thinking about the whole rain leading to flowers thing and decided to make some pretty seed packets for favors. I just sewed some little envelopes out of dark green construction paper, filled them with wildflower seeds and added some decorative paper and a mini clothespin. I also made the paper umbrellas on each plate, using a small doily, blue paper and a cocktail skewer. They were actually super quick and I think I will now have to make custom drink umbrellas for all my parties.
The wall decoration was very straightforward too. I made the raindrops from construction paper covered with crepe paper fringe (though they could have just as easily been solid paper I felt like the added texture was fun) hung from fishing line, and the 'cloud' was a bunch of white balloons with I attached to the wall with washi tape.

As far as how the budget broke down I again was mostly pulling from my stash for fabric, paper and dishes, but I had to pick up a few things.

wildflower seeds............................................5.00
white balloons................................................3.00
paper straws...................................................5.00
total...............................................................13.00

I also have some more details about the making of the umbrellas and the favors as well as some little invitations I made that go with the theme.

Now if only I could get it to rain here for real............












No comments:

Post a Comment